Monday, February 18, 2013

Cleanse Update

So I am a little late on updating the progress of my cleanse.  I got a little busy and am now just able to give you what I am sure is the update you have all been waiting for.  Que the drum roll please.....I lost 6 lbs during the course of the 4 days of the cleanse.  I have since kept off 5 lbs and this is over a week later.  I will be honest and say that I did not complete the cleanse exactly as designed.  I had a few networking events and I enjoyed several boneless wings rather than a healthy meal.  I also had 2 pints of Guinness draft beer (though stout beer is actually anti-inflammatory, topic for another blog perhaps).  To add to my failure I also only made time to exercise during the first day of the cleanse.  I used the elyptical for 20 minutes, did some body weight exercises like push ups, squats, pull ups and some core strengthening exercises as well as sat in the infrared sauna for 10 minutes.With all that said, 5 lbs is still pretty solid even though I have experienced better results in the past.

This cleanse is difficult for me because I have the bad habit of eating when I am bored.  So in the evenings, when I am sitting and watching television, reading or what have you, I have difficulty controlling my urge to eat junk food even when I am not hungry.  Since finishing this cleanse, my appetite has decreased somewhat and I have been getting full quicker.  Overall I would consider the cleanse a success.  If you are interested in trying this cleanse give us a call at 712-314-0136 or send me an email a dwhighamdc@gmail.com and I can give you more info.  Overall  cost of this cleanse will run about $65 at our special offer price.  But if you have your own protein shake you can just purchase the cleanse powder for about $45. The breakdown for this cleanse is that it replaces 10 meals over the course of 4 days.  That is an average of $6.50 a meal.  

As for my next adventure in nutritional supplementation, I will be completing the Advocare 24 day challenge. This consists of a few different phases.  The first phase is a 10 day cleanse that incorporates a few fiber drinks, cleanse pills, and probiotic pills into the daily routine. The second phase involves trading out one meal with a meal replacement shake and incorporates an appetite suppressing supplement. This cleanse is a little different than the last cleanse in that you can eat normally during it.  Now it is highly encouraged attempt to eat healthier to enhance the effects. I would be more than happy to recommend healthy recipes or sample daily/weekly meal plans upon request.  I have completed only the 10 day cleanse portion of this challenge in the past and while I did not lose as much weight as I did with the Isagenix cleanse, I did notice a boost in energy and improved digestive function. Furthermore, the fiber drink actually tastes pretty good. I have recommended  the 10 day cleanse portion to several people I know with digestion issues and they were very impressed with how much it helped said issues improve.  I have ordered the challenge but it has not come in yet so I am not starting today.  When it comes in the mail I will give a detailed post on what the products are, what the schedule is, what my starting weight is as well as a few measurements.  Then I will post updates as I go through the challenge.  If you would like to join me and complete this challenge along with me, use the contact information provided above and I will get you an order.  This challenge runs about $200 or about $8.33 a day.  I am always happy to respond to any questions, comments, or concerns so feel free to post any or all of the above.  Thanks for reading.

Dr. Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment