Saturday, February 2, 2013

Groundhog Blog

-->
Good afternoon and Happy Groundhog’s Day! Currently I am sitting in a meridian therapy seminar at my alma mater learning many wonderful ways to use this ancient treatment method to treat a multitude of ailments both common and uncommon.  I always get excited about attending seminars because I enjoy discovering new ways to improve the health of my patients.  This is a very special day for it is on this day we celebrate one of my favorite random movies of all time starring Bill Murray.  For those who haven’t had the pleasure of viewing this classic, here is my synopsis: Bill Murray is flawed individual stuck reliving the same day (Grounhog’s Day) over and over again.  He is caught in a seemingly endless cycle that he attempts to fill with fleeting methods of satisfaction such as gluttony and lust but none of those things satisfy him and none break the cycle.  It is not until he realizes that he is meant to shed his flaws and win the heart of the character played by Andy McDowell that he is finally able to experience the glory of February 3rd. 

I think this movie presents an excellent concept that can be applied to the health of many individuals.  Instead of reliving Groundhog’s Day over and over, most people spend life battling the same chronic conditions every day, again and again.  Many traditional forms of medicine may be failing and the pain seems unending.  If this is you, nod your head and keep reading.  I am sure just like Bill Murray, you sometimes feel like this cycle seems impossible to break and may be pushing you close to your breaking point. What I am hear to tell you is that at Back and Body Chiropractic we offer a variety of treatments that are exceptionally efficient at reducing and often times eliminating chronic pain.  We have a treatment cupboard stocked full of Andy McDowell’s if you will.  Today I am focused on Meridian therapy (better known as acupuncture).  Isn’t it convenient that within the treatment methods of Meridian therapy there is a specific set of meridians (points) that are used specifically to treat chronic conditions? These are known as the Horary points.   

Now you may be saying to yourself, “Dr. Drew, I want nothing more than to find my Andy McDowell so I can experience February 3rd for myself, but I am nervous about trying Acupuncture.”  I understand your hesitant approach considering most people get nervous around needles.  Fortunately, acupuncture can be accomplished through multiple delivery methods.  Though a needle is the most powerful way to stimulate a meridian, the use of micro current, laser, and/or acupressure can be very effective treatment methods as well.  We offer all four of those treatment options at our office and will work with you to determine which treatment method is the best fit for you.  And because I like Groundhog’s Day so much and because I am in the Meridian mood from this seminar, I am going to give all the Facebook friends of Back and Body Chiropractic a deal.  Through the month of February, anyone who “likes” our page will automatically receive $15 the initial exam and $10 of each acupuncture treatment.   Just let Brittany know that you like our page and she will gladly reduce your bill. Have a happy Groundhog’s Day and hopefully you will all experience a beautiful February 3rd in the very near future.

Dr. Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment