Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Death of a Salesman

I simply can not stand it when somebody is trying to sell me something.  It could be something I already decided I want and I will still consider not buying it if I think the salesman came on too strong.  A big reason is trust.  I do not have much faith that a good majority of salespeople try or use the products they claim to be the best.  For this reason, we have decided that at Back & Body Chiropractic, we will not be selling you anything.

Now, with that said,  we will have things for sale that are useful tools in enhancing your health.  From nutritional supplements, to pillows, to biofreeze, etc... we will have items available for you to purchase at your own discretion.  But we will not be pressuring any patient or friend of ours to buy anything.  We only put items for sale that we have personally used and can vouch for.  And to prove this point I will be writing blog posts on a regular basis, reviewing the items we have for sale at the office.  We feel that it is important to document our usage to establish the level of trust we want you to have in our recommendations.

I will begin by using a cleanse product from Isagenix.  It is a basic cleanse that can be customized to a person's needs.  We will be offering both 1 day, 4 day, and 10 day versions of this cleanse at our office. Starting today I will be using the 4 day version of this cleanse. This consists of 1 container of cleanse powder and a portion of one container of meal replacement shake mix.  The breakdown of my next 4 days will look like this:

Days 1 & 4-- 2 scoops of cleanse powder in 8 oz of water every 3-6 hours
                      at least 8 8oz glasses of water
                      no food

Days 2 & 3-- 2 meal replacement shakes replacing 2 of the regular 3 meals
                      1 sensible meal of chicken or fish and vegetables at or below 500 calories

Now this is a cleanse I have done about 3 times a year for the past 2 years and this will be my first time this year.  It is not easy because it breaks the addiction to the action of eating.  It is not a cleanse that will make you run to the bathroom every 5 minutes.  In fact, you will find your body functioning quite efficiently.  The results I have seen personally from this cleanse typically range about 6-10 lbs of weight loss at the end of the 4 days.  I have recommended this to several friends and family members and their results were in the same range.

The important thing to note is that some of this weight you lose is food that your body is not using efficiently that becomes trapped in your digestive track and eventually becomes waste.  This build up of waste is toxic to your body and can effect your health in a multitude of different ways.  The purpose of this cleanse is to allow your body to utilize only what it needs and clean out the waste.  Thus resulting in weight loss.  However, if you immediately return to eating a large amounts of food following this cleanse, then the weight will return.  It is meant to kick start healthy eating habits.

As of today I weighed in at 245 lbs.  Needless to say this cleanse is a little over due.  I will be posting my results in a blog at the end of the week and some general thoughts on how it went.  I will add in my meal and exercise amounts also for those that are interested.

Now for the best part.  I said at the beginning of this post that I hate being sold things. In addition, I do not like selling things.  Well here is me not selling something to you.  If you are interested in trying any of the products we offer at our office.  We will sell it to you at our cost plus 10% for shipping purposes if you agree to tell us about it when you are done using it.  We will also give recommendations on the proper ways to use the products free of charge.  Just post your thoughts about the product, good, bad, or indifferent on our facebook page when you are done and that is it.  This allows us to see if our products really work.  If you are interested you can message us on facebook, email us at dwhighamdc@gmail.com, or call the office at (712) 314-0136.  We have products for all ranges of goals and health needs. Contact us today.  We will be running this deal through the end of the month but if we get a lot of interest there is a good chance we will extend it. Thanks for reading.

Dr. Drew


No comments:

Post a Comment